Active AIAA Projects:
Spaceport America Cup
This year the goal of the Intercollegiate Rocket Engineering Competition is to design and launch a rocket with a payload to 10,000 ft above ground level. The payload must be a creative scientific experiment.
This year the goal for Argonia is to design and launch a two-stage rocket, containing a payload, to reach 9,ooo ft above ground level. The payload must be recovered safely to location on the rocket range.
Level 1, 2, and 3 Model Rocketry Certifications
Get certified to design, build, and launch your own high powered rockets! AIAA works with Tripoli Wisconsin and attends monthly launches at Bong Recreational Facility. More information on certifications can be found at Tripoli or NAR websites.
Wisconsin Rocket Lab Liquid Development
The Wisconsin Rocket Labs sub team of AIAA is currently developing the first prototype of a GCH4-GOX torch igniter. This is the first step towards a planned LCH4-LOX rocket engine with a target thrust of 1000 lbf.
- AIAA Student Design Competition
- AIAA Design Build Fly
- Spaceport America Cup
- Argonia Cup
- Red Bull Flugtag
- Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium High Altitude Balloon
- 2021-2022 Argonia Cup
- 2021-2022 Midwest Rocket Launch Competition
- 2020-2021 Midwest Rocket Launch Competition
- 2019-2020 Midwest Rocket Launch Competitions
- 2016-2018 Midwest Rocket Launch Competitions
- 2015-2017 Collegiate Rocket Launch Competitions
- 2016-2017 NASA Lunar Mining Competitions
- 2015-2017 Design Build Fly